Top Ten Reasons Dogs Should Not Be OrdainedPosted: May 2, 2012
In recent days, an amusing list of the “Top Ten Reasons Why Men Should Not Be Ordained” has been making the rounds. It’s basically a response to the archaic reasons used to keep women out of ordained ministry. Of course I couldn’t let sleeping dogs lie so I decided to take it one step further. Hence…
The Top Ten Reasons Dogs Should Not Be Ordained
10. They are “worthy to gather up the crumbs under thy table.”
9. The question “Who let the dogs out?” would become a theological conundrum.
8. Panting the Eucharistic Prayer is a far cry from chanting it.
7. Dog spelled backwards is God. Pastor spelled backwards is Rotsap.
6. Lifting a leg is not considered a “manual act.”
5. They’re much too dogmatic.
4. Jesus didn’t say “I am the German Shepherd.”
3. Christus Rex doesn’t refer to one of your litter mates.
2. The priest’s host is not a frisbee.
1. There’s a fine line between a cassock and a doggie sweater.